DDE Links

Andrew Thompson andrew.thompson at ashecastle.com
Mon Dec 2 10:19:50 EST 2002

Has anyone got any experience using WARM and HOT DDELINKS in Python?

I can get single-threaded request links to work, but cannot find
Any documentation as to how to hook up for multiple advise (or HOT)
links.

Further, if I try to multi-thread many snapshot (WARM) requests, it
seems
The code just blocks on each one, giving me no speed increase.

The code I am using is the win32ui stuff, and it works fine for
Snapshot data requests.

Any help or advice would be great.  Otherwise it's back into the lovely
world
Of C.

Andrew

'

import win32ui
import dde

server=dde.CreateServer()
server.Create('Shoveller')

conversation=dde.CreateConversation(server)

conversation.ConnectTo(DDEServer,topic)
print conversation.Request('a request')

'