Python's popularity statistics

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Dec 12 14:03:10 EST 2002

"rzed" <Dick.Zantow at lexisnexis.com> wrote previously:
|A couple of entries just jumped out at me: Clarion? Labview? I can't
|believe either is "more popular" than, say, Cobol or Fortran. There
|may well be more reasons to discuss them in a newsgroup, though.
|It's hard to say what, if anything, the numbers really mean. There's
|an element of buzz factor, an element of befuddlement, and, as you
|suggest, an element of undifferentiated involvement:

I think where c.l.py definitely tops the list is in number of off-topic
threads that are nonetheless non-flamey and very interesting to follow.
Of course, with Alex M recently busy with, y'know paying work, it's
become a bit too easy to follow the group (both conceptually and in
volume).

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego