Recommend a book?

Steve stevesusenet at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 14:25:19 EST 2002

Hi;

I'd like to learn python and I was hoping someone could recommend a
book.

I would like a book that comes with a version of itself in HTML on a
CD so that I can read it in a browser.   I find this easier to deal
with then holding a book open while using a computer.

I've been programming about 5 years, mostly in C, C++, Java, &
Javascript.

I would like something brief, with minimal verbiage, sort of like a
manual written in plain english and with examples.

I know its a big feature in python, but I would also like a book that
does not focus heavily on using python from the command line.   I find
that for me, all of those ">>>>" in the text examples obfuscates the
material for me.

Again my big requirement is that I will be able to read it in a
browser.
( I know about "Diving Into Pyton"....I didn't care for it much)

Thanks in advance

Steve