EasyGui version 0.5

Cy Edmunds cedmunds at NOSPAM.rochester.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 12:04:16 EST 2002

"Stephen Ferg" <steve at ferg.org> wrote in message
news:b16e4ef7.0211300616.32312f55 at posting.google.com...
> I've just released easygui version 0.5
> It is available at http://www.ferg.org/easygui
>
> This version fixes some minor infelicities, and adds a new  feature
> called "integerbox" to support getting an integer value from a user.
>
> For those not familiar with EasyGui, here is an excerpt from the
> documentation:
>
> ******************************
>
> Experienced Pythonistas need support for quick and dirty GUI features.
> New Python programmers need GUI capabilities that don't require any
> knowledge of tkinter, frames, widgets, callbacks or lambda. This is
> what EasyGui provides.   Using EasyGui, all GUI interactions are
> invoked by simple function calls.
>
> EasyGui is different from other GUIs in that it is NOT event-driven.
> It allows  you to program in a traditional linear fashion, and to put
> up dialogs for simple  input and output when you need to. If you are
> new to the event-driven paradigm  for GUIs, EasyGui will allow you to
> be productive with very basic tasks immediately. Later, if you wish to
> make the transition to an event-driven GUI  paradigm, you can move to
> an event-driven style with a more powerful GUI package such as anygui,
> PythonCard, Tkinter, wxPython, etc. EasyGui is there just to do very
> basic stuff.   More elaborate stuff should be done with more powerful
> tools.
>
> Here is a code snippet using EasyGui.
>
>     msg ="What is your favorite flavor?"
>     title = "Ice Cream Survey"
>     choices = ["Vanilla", "Chocolate", "Strawberry", "Rocky Road"]
>     choice = choicebox(msg, title, choices)
>
>     # note that we convert choice to string, in case
>     # the user cancelled the choice, and we got None.
>     msgbox("You chose: " + str(choice), "Survey Result")

Thanks for your effort here. Although I haven't had the chance to explore it
in detail so far it seems to work OK, and it is certainly useful to be able
to do some simple UI operations in such a concise manner.