building python shared lib for embedded python project

David Voswinkel d.voswinkel at centrium.de
Thu Dec 5 06:05:01 EST 2002

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> You need to link with the C library. cc will do this for you.

i did.

if figured out when i changed ld command from

ld -shared -export-dynamic -L/usr/lib -lnsl -ldl -lreadline -lieee
-lpthread -lutil -lutil -lm -lc  -o libpython2.so.0.0 *.o

to:
ld -shared -export-dynamic -o ${PYLIBSHARED}.0.0  *.o -lpthread -ldl -lutil
-lm -lc

it works fine for me. had something to do with the link order of the objects
file. ld is somtimes strange.

but after building the python as shared lib i had the same symbols errors
after importing time module.
(mportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/time.so: undefined symbol:
PyExc_IOError)

so i relinked pythons native modules with my python shared lib.

i somebody is interesed i can post my bash script that builds the so
and relinks python native sos.

greetz david

--
{