Python's popularity statistics

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Dec 11 23:42:04 EST 2002

"Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:

> Oops, I should retract my statement that there is a 'strong'
> correlation
> between the two data sets. Change strong to 'rough', in that the exact
> order is
> not observed, but the grouping of 'more used' and 'more talked about'
> seem the
> same in chunks of about 5 languages or so.....

But I don't think that anyone would dispute that those five languages
are "more used [in new projects]" and "more talked about [recently]."
That there's very little correlated between the ordering of the five
suggests that the data isn't going to be telling you other than, "Yep,
they're popular, but you probably already knew that."

/  \ All the gods are dead except the god of war.
\__/ Leroy Eldridge Cleaver
    Bosskey.net: Aliens vs. Predator 2 / http://www.bosskey.net/avp2/
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.