web server options

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Thu Dec 26 17:32:07 EST 2002

"dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> writes:
> > I advise adding some more memory to that box (you said you had just 48MB)
> > for the stuff you want to run.
>
> I agree except that this is from the land of EDO, and my experience from a
> few years ago was that buying it is not worth doing, though finding it in an
> old broken computer may be.

You can also get edo memory from crucial.com or ebay.  Or just upgrade
your motherboard cheaply.

Anyway I don't think I'd run apache or mod_python on that system.  Use
a simpler server like mini_httpd (www.acme.com) and run your Python
scripts as cgi's.  Using Twisted is another possibility.