Another way to spell __metaclass__ ?

Mike Dean klaatu at evertek.net
Sat Dec 14 13:07:17 EST 2002

On 14 Dec 2002 11:19:17 -0500 Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> In article <atd8k5$92o$2 at ins22.netins.net>,
> Mike Dean  <klaatu at evertek.net> wrote:
>>
>>Although, I have thought about an idea or two for a redesigned
>>architecture of Python that would make it _fully_ dynamic, not just
>>semantically, but syntactically as well.  To allow creation of new
>>keywords on the fly, etc.  But it is full of more than its share of
>>holes, and unpredicability.

> This will never happen.  One of the design goals for Python is syntactic
> stability.

That's why I didn't attempt to further describe it :-).  It was just
something that floated through my mind one day when I was pondering,
"just how far could the metaclass concept be taken, theoretically?"

Interesting to contemplate, but highly impractical, I know.

-Mike

--
We are but packets in the Internet of life.
                -- Mike, in User Friendly, Mar. 04, 1999