mice (was) grandparents who raped and pillaged

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Wed Dec 18 11:38:42 EST 2002

My father believes that he found a case where the mice were running the
experiment and the experimenters for their own benefit.

Some researchers were getting anomalous results.  They were testing
rats' or mice's attraction to certain substances in the drinking water,
and found that there was a small bias towards PLAIN DISTILLED WATER.
This was odd. They kept examining the water to see if there were any
traces of something else, and noticed A STRONGER bias towards PLAIN
DISTILLED WATER.  Finally somebody (I think my father) figured out
what was going on.  The distilled water was stored in the refrigerator,
to be the correct temperature for some other experiment.  Mice like
cold drinks in the summertime, too.

Laura