OT: grandparents who raped and pillaged

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Tue Dec 17 10:18:27 EST 2002

Laura!

You wrote:
> For the Ship -- check out http://hem.passagen.se/keer0805/svse.htm
> We've got one.  Local.  These people are truly wonderful and truly
> insane.

I'll have to take a look at that ship the next time I visit Göteborg.

As I've understood, you have lived in Sweden quite a while now. If you
understand Swedish enough, if you like to read, and if you haven't read
it before, try to find a copy of "Röde Orm" by Frans G. Bengtsson, first
published in the forties. It is a rather amusing novel (well, two
actually) about a Swedish Viking and his adventures around Europe in the
time when Harald Blåtand was king of Denmark.

Note: I've read somewhere that it has been translated to some 20
languages.

Greetings
/Mikael

E-Mail:  mikael at isy.liu.se