source code size metric: Python and modern C++

Pavel Vozenilek pavel_vozenilek at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 18:15:19 EST 2002

anton at vredegoor.doge.nl (Anton Vredegoor) wrote in message news:<asfnso$r10$1 at news.hccnet.nl>...
> On 1 Dec 2002 18:09:28 -0800, pavel_vozenilek at yahoo.co.uk (Pavel
> Vozenilek) wrote:
>
> In my opinion what counts is to be able to quickly produce
> working code, ...

Fully agree.

The differences between languages are hard to measure objectively.
Source code size is something what can be compared (a sort of), for
sure better than "what is easier to deal with". It is something what
even I can look upon and make judgement.

Seeing number favoring Python a lot I ask how does it compare to the
current edge of C++. I don't expect answer as high precision number,
rather somebody's experience if the gap is so huge. Even this answer
may mean little for working code, but is at least some guidance.

/Pavel