Python vs. Ruby

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Tue Dec 31 10:17:10 EST 2002

In article <3E11B4C5.8050305 at users.sourceforge.net>,
Lyle Johnson  <lyle at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
			.
>What it doesn't address is the issue of available libraries, and here
>Python wins, hands-down. In most cases, Ruby equivalents for your
>favorite Python libraries are in fact available -- but the trick can be
>finding them, or finding English-language documentation for them (as
>many are developed in Japan).
			.
			.
			.
My own experience is that Python's library is farther
ahead than you describe.  Such a judgment depends
heavily on the kind of programming (networking?
statistical algorithms?  GUI?  text processing?  ...)
one does, of course.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net