No macros in Python

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Dec 15 22:05:28 EST 2002

Carl Banks <imbosol at vt.edu> wrote previously:
|the macro I've most often wished I had (in other languages, not
|Python):  The return statement would return from the function this macro
|is expanded in, of course.  I don't need it in Python because exceptions
|are a much better method here.  God knows the Python source code could
|use it.

Doesn't this rather illustrate my point.  Banks states that Python
doesn't need this.  I agree of course.  Actually, I don't really
understand what the point is in other languages--C, for example, often
uses return flags for this same purpose, which seems fine too.

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego