embedding python

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 26 18:56:45 EST 2002

In article <aufv7t$6vgui$1 at ID-136433.news.dfncis.de>, Alex K.
Angelopoulos <aka at mvps.org> writes
>Robin,
>
>This may be utterly useless, but I'm tossing it out as an idea since some of the
>details seem to fit... Have you considered indirect embedding via the Script
>Control on Win32?
>
>I'm saying this in utter ignorance of your problem and the API issues with
>direct Python embedding; nevertheless, the Script Control can be used to host
>any scripting language registered on the system, and effectively isolates
>language issues from your immediate sphere of concern.  This should minimize the
>interface work you have to do.

I know nothing of the scripting control. It probably does what our
interface DLL does. I assume you feed it a script. How do scripts
communicate back? The intended app will likely be given a script that
uses ReportLab to draw a chart and render it into eps, the script will
pass the eps bytes back to the caller.

I'll certainly have a look at the Scripting Control, but I fear the
intended platform isn't win32 (probably mac).
--
Robin Becker