Reading/writing .wav data

sj jones57 at swbell.net
Mon Dec 30 04:34:27 EST 2002

Hi all

I have just started looking at the wave library with the intent of reading
(and ultimately writing) .wav files.

I have figured out how to use wave.open to get an instance of wave.Wave_read
and then use wave.readframes(n) to read the first n data frames. The
problem is I don't know how to convert the string returned by readframes to
something numerically usefull.  I want to convert the string to either a
numeric array or list.  The test file I  have been using is a simple 1
second sine with sr=44100 and 2 bytes per frame.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steven Jones