Working on a python tutorial...comments desired

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Tue Dec 17 10:18:45 EST 2002

> Tyler Eaves <tyler at cg1.org> wrote in message news:<qwoK9.3515$j_4.397575 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> > I've started working on what will (with luck) be an extensive python
> > turorial. I'm writing in a book type format, although I plan to offer it
> > for free online. What I need help with is in determining what people would
> > like to see in it. I'm aiming this tutorial at beginning to intermediate
> > users. Right now the plan is to focus on 'getting stuff done' as opposed to
> > the finer points of OO. I'd also love feedback on formatting and what not.
> >
> > You can download my current (Very early) draft of the beginning from:
> > http://cg1.org/pythontut.pdf
> >
> > The file is 132KB in size.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Tyler Eaves

Even if some people in this thread somewhat discouraged you, I think this
is a good idea and I want to say "don't be discouraged and go ahead !".
I am one of these person who did not like Guido's tutorial and I would
welcome a more accessible one. I think there is still room for another
tutorial, even if various sources are already available on the net, not
everything has been already said. Moreover I like very much that you
chose LaTeX as your formatting system, I HATE html tutorial you cannot
print out (or, if you can, the quality of the print is very low).
Good work,

                                         Michele