Arguments for using Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Dec 26 02:05:29 EST 2002

"Duncan Smith" <buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:aud4gr$75d$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hello all,
>              I've been developing some prototype software for a
government
> organisation.  It is almost entirely in Python.  But it now (after
I've done
> most of the work) appears that they would prefer it to be written in
Java or
> C.

Well, Python *is* a compiled C program -- so how can they complain
about that?  If they want the source, let them have it.  Your Python
'code' is just input data for that program.  Use freeze or py2exe or
whatever, to make one binary and and you have a compiled C program
with a larger than usual initialized data segment.

tjr