grandparents who raped and pillaged

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Dec 18 09:07:39 EST 2002

In article <puu4d-ofc.ln1 at news.lairds.org>,
Kyler Laird  <Kyler at news.Lairds.org> wrote:

>>Incidentally, don't let my social surname fool you;
>>as near as anyone can tell, my ancestors were the
>>ruled clansmen, not lairds themselves.  We got the
>>name as a legal formality in this country (prob'ly
>>before it *was* this country).
>
>Sheesh!  Give it all away.  I guess there's no point in me
>even getting my motorcycle running again now...
>
>--kyler

No problem.  I think we just returned to the origin of this
thread:  just as Guido doesn't let others' misconceptions
about Lisp and its status in Python's ancestry sway his
judgment, we've all got more than enough historical precedent
to excuse or shame all our present actions.  I think you're
stuck choosing your transportation based nearly entirely on
how well it works for you--which, come to think of it, *is*
something your known forefathers did.

Python:  a language for those who'd sooner make working ap-
plications than fret about which monopolists are oppressing
whom, or which ossified standards committees are within a
decade of effective current practice.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net