How hard to allocate ALL Python data space (hence offset-based) in a memory mapped file image?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Thu Dec 19 17:51:52 EST 2002

On 19 Dec 2002 08:07:50 +0100, martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=) wrote:

>Impossible. There is also data on the per-thread stack.

Well, I was not thinking of calling my sys.checkpoint in
a context of more than one _machine_ thread running through
the interpreter, since I was calling for exiting the interpreter.
I think even so you could use a single checkpoint before
starting machine threads, to make a fastload image.

Also, I was thinking in terms of the VM having more separation between
the V and the M than it currently apparently does. I.e., that machine stacks
were separate from VM stacks, so that deeply in a VM stack would not
mean deeply into an un-exitable M stack.

s/Impossible/gnarly/ ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter