(question) HTML pretty printer

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Dec 5 19:46:24 EST 2002

[William Park]

> I sometime have to deal with HTML file with messy indentation,

I once wrote `xxml.el', an Emacs mode specifically to help me out of a lot
of messy HTML files I once had to play with.  It reasonably takes care of
indentation and refilling.  Yet, it seems `xxml.el' became mostly popular
not for the reason I made it, but merely as an Emacs colorizer.

However, `xxml.el' is only usable works on HTML files which are compliant
with some DTD, because it builds on top of PSGML.  For achieving compliance,
I really had to do it the hard way.  In case you are (still :-) interested,
then check:

   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/xxml/