win32com question

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Thu Dec 12 10:03:34 EST 2002

Uwe Schmitt <uwe.schmitt at procoders.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing some code which should be available for import and as
> a com object. Now I want to distinguish if the script is run as
> com server or via import. Are there any flags/... available for this
> ?

The not wanting to see the problem solution to this:

class A:
   def setRunningUnderNormalImport(self):
       self._isRunningUnderNormalImport = True

when importing and using A under normal import, call the method
above. Write the class so that it checks the flag and changes its
behaviour accordingly.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad