ASP performance problems

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Aug 2 08:38:05 EDT 2002

Larry wrote:

> What about the explicit "del"ing of com objects from Python modules
> called by ASP pages? Is that necessary? I assume once I leave the
> namespace of the function it should take care of itself.

Shouldn't be necessary.  Ive run a few test pages (without explicit
cleanup) in tight loops and the memory footprint is stable.

A good way to get a nice tight loop is to add a Response.Redirect() at
the end of your page, to another page which itself Response.Redirect's
back to the first.  ASP then happily runs around madly reloading your
page as fast as possible until you hit "stop".

If you can demonstrate another leak like this, let me know.

Mark.