Request some help please

Bayzuldin Timur bayt at max.net.ua
Sat Aug 24 18:29:38 EDT 2002

> I need to be able to watch a linux directory and remove all file that
> are over 4 housr old .  Is this possoble with python or should I just
> use perl to do it?
>
> C Lee

#! /usr/bin/env python2.1

import os, sys, time
from stat import *

def visit(arg, dir, names):
    for name in names:
        fullname = os.path.join(dir, name)
        mode = os.stat(fullname)[ST_MODE]
        if S_ISDIR(mode):	# This is a directory
            pass
        elif S_ISREG(mode):
	    # if file older than 4 hours old then --> remove
            if os.path.getmtime(fullname)+14400 <=
time.mktime(time.localtime()):
		os.remove(fullname)
		print 'File '+fullname+' was removed.'