Python - the worst language ;)

Andreas Leitgeb Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at
Tue Aug 20 04:16:08 EDT 2002

Huaiyu Zhu <huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com> wrote:
>>http://www.awaretek.com/atesterea.html
> Looking into the page source, it is simply a linear weighting of attributes.
> The weights are
> Python = 100 + 100 + 20 + 75 + 50 + 100 + 100 + 100;
> Tcl = 100 + 100 + 10 + 50 + 40 + 10 + 100 + 100;

Despite my problems with tcl, that made me look at python, I think
Tcl's weighting is not fair.

I'd weigh Tcl's speed at least with 15, if python gets 20,
and Tcl's "power" is definitely higher than 10, or it must
  be a very strange definition of "power" ...
Are there really so much more tools for python to warrant a 2:3 ratio ?

On the other hand, I'd have given only 85 for Tcl's ease of use,
  because simple, common things require considerable scriptual overhead.
  (expr for all arithmetics, eval+list for dynamic argument-passing)

> - What's the next item in the sequence lies, damned lies, ...
> - Why is this ridiculous?

...but maybe I only fell for the joke ...

--
Newsflash: Sproingy made it to the ground !
  read more ... <http://avl.enemy.org/sproingy/>