Windows Infrared Port Programming

Scott Brady Drummonds scott.b.drummonds at intel.com
Thu Aug 29 18:11:23 EDT 2002

For posterity (and lovers of Deja, like myself), I wanted to let everyone
know that I figured out the connection issues and am now down to figuring
out the command language.

On my particular system, the IR port is configured as COM4, 115200 bps.
USPP has some issue that makes it throw an exception when trying to read
available data.  I've since installed pySerial
(http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/) and it works great.  The phone responds
to AT commands, like a modem.

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Scott