Whitelist/verification spam filters

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Aug 27 23:35:12 EDT 2002

Gerhard =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4ring?= <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote previously:
|>> Hoops? Takes me at most one second.
|> I would guess it's a minute or more.
|You get the TMDA answer that you have to hit reply (or enter some key
|combination in a /real/ MUA ;-) and just do that. The person you sent
|mail to will then be able to see the original mail you sent to
|him/her. I don't see how this will take a minute or two of your time.

I read about 300 words in a minute.  Only about 5 words in a second.  A
message explaining how to get whitelisted will probably be about 50-100
words long.  So that's maybe 20 seconds to read and understand the
procedure (it would get quicker if you see the exact same description
repeatedly over time).  Then I would probably spend another 5-10 seconds
thinking about what message I had sent to the person making the
challenge, and whether I in fact wanted to be whitelisted or send a
confirmation.  To press Reply, Save, Send is maybe another 5
seconds--longer in a GUI mailer :-).

A minute may be a bit on the high side, but it's a lot closer to a
minute than to a second.

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/