Any Python IDE breakthroughs?

Rob Hall bloke at ii.net
Tue Aug 27 04:43:27 EDT 2002

The site doesn't mention boa-constructor.

Boa rules, although you need wxWindows.  But that's not bad, wxWindows craps
over tkinter.

Boa is very professional, and even though still in alph, very usable.

Converts code to uml, handles gui stuff nicely, to-do lists, docs etc.

get it from sourceforge.

http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

"Martin Franklin" <mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com> wrote in message
> On Tuesday 27 Aug 2002 7:27 am, Robert Oschler wrote:
> > I started on my Python/Zope quest 6 months ago and had to put it aside
for
> > work-related reasons.  Now I've got my SuSE Linux 7.3 Pro box humming
with
> > Zope running as a daemon.  I'm eager to get in and start Python'ing
away.
> > I'm a spoiled IDE programmer (Kylix, Delphi, etc.).  What's the latest
and
> > greatest in Python IDE's?  Still IDLE?  I'd want something that at the
very
> > least could link me to source lines in my *.py files using error
messages
> > from the interpreter as jump points, standard stuff.  I'd feel I'd died
and
> > gone to heaven if I could get things like context sensitvie help, etc.
but