Could Python supplant Java?

laotseu bdesth at nospam.free.fr
Sat Aug 24 00:51:17 EDT 2002

James J. Besemer wrote:
> Bernhard Herzog wrote:

[snip]

> The conclusion then is that languages such as C++ and Delphi are "late
> binding" languages and provide full Polymorphism THAT way.

You started saying that you could implement polymorphism with early
binding and gave the C++ as an exemple. Funny, isn't it ?

> Either way, there's nothing unique about Python's OOP facilities which was my
> main point.

Who said so ? I don't see nothing truly new in Python, *except* for the
fact that you get (IMHO) best of most languages, and a clear and simple
syntax with it. Now if you're in for speed, leave out C++ and go for C
and assembly. The C++ OOP stuff is not without overhead.

Remember that this was about : can a language with late binding be used
for a large project ?

Laotseu