optimization question

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Mon Aug 12 12:10:55 EDT 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 16:32, Terry Reedy wrote:
> No.  This is not currently legal, though probably will be in 2.3.
> Anyway, asking if t is *anywhere* is s (megabytes in len) is *much*
> more general than asking if it is at a specific location.

Of course and I know this. But if you would like a concrete location, probably
hash will work much faster, even it is a lot of data... OTOH, this is quite
evil code: if your form will be CHANGED you'll should change your "j" and "i"
as well.

--
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

LILO, you've got me on my knees!