COM or modules

Totte Karlsson mtk at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 9 15:04:33 EDT 2002

Hi,
I have been writing on a C++ library for several years for handling
molecular geometry and processing of spectrometer data. I'm using these
libraries in a windows application written in C++ under C++Builder.
Now I want to supply to the user a scripting interface to access some of the
underlying objects that I'm using, like molecules and data and so on. The
script interface will be as python.

My question is, what would be the fastest way to allow the user to access
some of  these objects, living in the windows application as C++ objects,
from a python command window. Rewriting the application and turn it into a
COM application or writing wrapper code and create python mocules?
regards
/totte