Installing Python 2.2.1 on WinNT

Phil Rittenhouse phil.rittenhouse at dspfactory.com
Fri Aug 30 19:06:24 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've run into a (actually two) problem installing Python 2.2.1 on Windows NT
4.0.
At the end of the install, it throws up an error "Could not load the DLL
library $%#%^$.
The specified module could not be found."

I was able to make this error go away by going to the Advanced Options and
unchecking
the option to create the Start menu items.  But I also discovered that even
when the install
worked, the  INSTALL.LOG file was not created, so I can't uninstall Python.
Any ideas?

I'm logged in as a vanilla user, so I don't have admin priveleges, but, as I
understand it, they
are no longer required.

I'm running this test on a virgin install of WinNT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Phil