os.execl is messing me about!

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Wed Aug 28 13:56:55 EDT 2002

OK. I've sorted this, I think.

It is another case of a crap error message leading you on a long and
windy and pointless trip.

What it wanted to tell me was that my arg string had some nasty
characters in it.

That's what you get copying from a Windoze command prompt window. The
clipboard always seems to end with "\00\n". Which is nice.

The coding of misleading error messages should really be a criminal
offence.

I'd rather the message was "Error" than something misleading.

Lotus Notes produced the best error message. It was "!".

Nothing ambiguous about that.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd