Interesting comments about Py on LT

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Tue Aug 6 15:59:31 EDT 2002

The crux of these stories is often "XX is used in real development, is Python?".

Java (and C++ before it) have a distinct advantage here.  Colleges teach Java
and C++, industry heavy weights preach about them, there are magazines, etc.
So sure Java has a lot of support right now.  When I look over Scott's list I
see one or two things python is not strong at like say JavaBeans.  But I would
not discount the language because of it.

This is very much apples v. watermelons here.