event-based rfc822.py

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Fri Aug 16 00:30:15 EDT 2002

So then, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> is all like:

> While I doubt the rfc822 module is going away anytime soon, you might
> want to look at Barry Warsaw's new email package.

Thanks for replying, Skip.  I did check out the email package--it looks
nice, but email.Parser is a little more challenging to port to this
method, as it has read loops within read loops.  I actually asked about
Barry's email package down a bit in my original post, but I made the
mistake of burying the question under some code, so it looks like I'm
done talking before I actually did finish.  Sorry 'bout that.

If people think this generator hack-in method is acceptable, I have no
problem going in to the email classes; but I'd like to get some opinions
on whether or not there's a better solution before I start coding.
Also, while this isn't really necessary, it'd be neato if whatever
changes I did make could get folded back into the distribution.