Interesting comments about Py on LT

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 12 14:43:05 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 09:12, R.Marquez wrote:
> Thanks for your responses.  I find them very useful to get a clear
> picture of what Python can and can not (yet) do.
>
> Here is another interesting comment from that thread:
> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-08-05-005-26-IN-BZ-DV-0039
>
> It says:
> ----------------------
> > Does Python have an equivalent of servlets?
>
> The closest you get would be Zope products. But unfortunately python
> and Zope
> does not have the speed of Java based web server extensions.

Coming in a little late on this, but...
Webware (http://webware.sf.net) uses servlets that look fairly similar
to Java servlets.  I don't know how they rank in speed, but I don't see
any reason Java should win decisively.  It doesn't matter, though,
because in both cases speed is not usually a bottleneck (i.e., both are
"fast enough" which is all that matters).

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
ianb at colorstudy.com   http://www.colorstudy.com