from __future__ import ... within an RExec?

Jimmy Retzlaff jimmy at retzlaff.com
Sun Aug 18 07:34:49 EDT 2002

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Yes, there are other solutions with varying levels of hackery
involved.
> I'm wondering why a standard feature (from __future__ import division)
> doesn't work in a RExec.

I can't tell you why it is that way, but if changing your command line
is an option then starting Python with -Qnew might help - that's
supposed to make true division the default. If you are using modules
that rely on old-style division this could create problems for you - I
assume the modules in the Python distribution itself have been scrubbed.

Jimmy