Python for CGI scripting

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:18:21 EDT 2002

Dale Strickland-Clark :
> We've already used Python for CGI scripting in small projects and it
> worked well. We're now considering it for web projects with much higher hit
> rates. I'm a bit worried about how it will scale.
>
> Each hit on the site will call a CGI script which will load a new copy
> of Python, taking time to load off disk and occupying at least another
> 5MB.
>
> What are the prospects of a re-usable Python DLL?

If you're using IIS, another possibility is to use PythonScript as a
scripting language for ASP.

Possibly a lot simpler to configure than the other options that have
been suggested.

However, I should point out that I've never actually used ASP for
anything serious, because I dislike the concepts involved.

ZPT rocks! :-)

Regards,

Alan.