Problem automating outlook with python

xWestler NoThanks at ^*^#*&%.com
Fri Aug 23 15:13:49 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1030125763.937.python-list at python.org>,
anthony at computronix.com says...
> Maybe I am missing something obvious, but don't you have to use
>
> "c:\\test.txt"
>
> instead of
>
> "c:\test.txt"?
>
> or use os.path.join("c:", "test.txt")

The double backslash was a good idea.  I'm embarrassed that I didn't
think to try it.

Unfortunately neither the double backslash or the os.path.join() made
any difference.  Exact same COM exception.

As a sanity check I added code to open the file and read it.  After
playing with various combinations of various slashes, what seemed to
work for reading the file was "c:/text.txt".  In the code below:

f = open("c:/test.txt", "r")
print f.read()
f.close()
message.Attachments.add("c:/test.txt")

I see the file contents printed out but the attachment statement still
throws the same exception.

Thanks for your help though.