Are most programmers male?

RPM1 rpm1deletethis at nospamfrontiernet.net
Sun Aug 11 22:41:22 EDT 2002

In the software company of about 200 people where I work
it's almost exactly 50/50 men to women.  In the programming
dept it's 50/50 also.  I think the male and female programmers
can equally handle programming tasks although there may be
certain traits in how men and women approach projects.  The
women seem to be better at time management for long projects,
whereas the men seem to thrive on the "this has to be done
yesterday" projects.

Of course this is just from my limited view.

Pat