what should I do after reading through the Python tutorial?

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Thu Aug 15 11:59:50 EDT 2002

On 15 Aug 2002, lion wrote:

> I am a beginner in Python Programming and I have readed through Python
> tutorial . To improve my experience and technique in Python
> Programming, what should I do?

You're entering a pretty exciting stage - now you get to do something with
it! Here's what I'd do:

1) Decide on an interesting program to build. It doesn't matter if it's
been done a million times before because the point is to gain experience
using Python.

2) Sketch out the scope of the project (e.g. list the features it'll have
and some of the ones it won't have).

3) Cut your feature list in half.

4) Cut it in half again.

5) Get to work!

Once you're done you can try something bigger and/or go back and add some
of the features you omitted the first time around.

-Dave