OT: European Job Market (was: Is it worth learning python?)

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Thu Aug 22 00:35:58 EDT 2002

Hi Aahz!

Am Don, 2002-08-22 um 05.29 schrieb Aahz:
> In article <slrnam8elt.q9j.grante at localhost.localdomain>,
> Grant Edwards  <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> >If you want a good job, you'll need a degree.
> Nope.  Degree helps, but it's not needed.

Err... The European job market looks a little worse than that, I can
tell you...

I've applied for a job at several computer firms here (Python isn't the
sole language I use/know), but all of them rejected my application
saying: "Come back when you have your bachelor" or something of the
like. What might be appropriate to add is that I didn't apply for a
fulltime job, but a job I can manage to do while still studying.

Well... Leaves me with working here at university. And earning almost no
money for jobs that might otherwise be paid at about 50,- € per hour...
:) And working almost fulltime anyway... :)

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter...

Heiko W.