Windows Infrared Port Programming

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 28 18:41:55 EDT 2002

Scott Brady Drummonds wrote:

> Does anyone know if packages that allow programming the infrared port on
> Windows systems are available in Python?  If not, can anyone point me to
> where I could learn about writing one of these (in Python, not by linking a
> compiled library) myself?

Do you mean "programming" as in at the low level, making it do strange
things that are not done when it is used as a simple serial device?

Or do you mean "programming" as in making it send and receive serial
data?

If the latter, it's just a serial port like COM4 or something and any
serial library would do the job.

If the former, perhaps you can expand on just what "programming" means
to you in this case.

-Peter