Very simple graphic plotting...

christian chr_werner at gmx.de
Tue Aug 6 10:42:08 EDT 2002

Hallo python gods :-)

I'm looking for a easy-to-use module which let's me draw some plots
while a simulation coded in python is running and producing the data
to be diplayed. Ideally the simulation-code would be the main thread
(or something), sending the information on-the-fly to some kind of
small routine continously updating 2-4 graphs in an seperate window
while the main prog is proceeding with the task... I figure threading
would be necessary...

In my case the programm outputs different daily values for one year of
simulation, where 2 will be plottet in one graph (temperature and
precipitation) and others (soil moisture and other stuff) will be put
into a second.

I did some massive googeling ;-) and found heaps of plotting modules,
but I'm quite frankly not sure which one to pick.
It's really just some simple line-graph-plotting, so there's no need
for a massiv extension with 3d stuff and wired math etc.
Also the use of convenient coordinates ( == (0,0) left lower corner)
descriptions along the axis etc. would be great. If there's allready a
threaded utility it would be just freaking great. :-)

As you can probably tell from the above, the more simple the solution
the better.

Slowly advancing python-Newbie ahead :-)

thanx for all your input

christian