Tkinter error in Button.pack()

Tim Jones tjones at tolisgroup.com
Thu Aug 29 11:34:16 EDT 2002

I am working with Python2.2 as built under Red Hat Linux 7.3.  When I
execute the following statements, a tk exception occurs:

 >>> from Tkinter import *
 >>> MainWin = Tk()
 >>> MainWin.geometry('400x200+10+10')
 >>> iBackup = PhotoImage(file="/usr/local/pics/uparrow.gif")
 >>> bBackup = Button(image=iBackup)
 >>> bBackup.place(MainWin,x=4, y=4)

The Button appears, but the error is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1641, in
place_configure
     self.tk.call(
TclError: unknown or ambiguous option "-bd": must be -anchor,
-bordermode, -height, -in, -relheight, -relwidth, -relx, -rely, -width,
-x, or -y

Does anyone know of a problem in 2.2's Tkinter library with the place()
method?

Tim Jones                   tjones at tolisgroup.com