Like to lear a language.

Frank Buss fb at frank-buss.de
Tue Aug 27 12:24:59 EDT 2002

Joe Creaney <joec at annuna.com> wrote:

> I found out that I have Python with windows XP and I am interested in
> learning some programming as a hobby.  How difficult or complex is
> python as a computer language.

I think it's easier than other languages, like Java, because nearly
everything is an object, like numbers, which are not an object in Java.
Just try it and read the tutorials on http://www.python.org/ to learn more
about Python.

> More recently I have been reading up on
> Perl but can't get it to function on my computer.

You can download a version for Window from
http://www.activestate.com/

I didn't checked it for Windows XP, but it worked great for Windows NT
last time I've needed it.

Frank Buß, fb at frank-buss.de