telnetlib - confused

Rich Daley daley at ignore-this.cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Aug 10 07:42:19 EDT 2002

I am pretty new to python, so please treat me like a newbie :)

I am very keen on telnet-based chatrooms (eg <telnet:surfers.org:4242>)
and I am interested in writing a python client to talk in these.

My problem is that I've been trying to work out how to do something
straightforward in telnetlib and haven't succeeded yet.

As you can imagine, I would like an interactive session with this
chatroom, but I don't want to use Telnet.interactive() because I don't want the
user to be able to enter text directly, more just have it entered by
events from the code (ie Telnet.write() events).

However, I would like all the text that appears in the session, whether
EOF has been reached or not to be output (in the console for now).

Could anyone help me with this, or at least make sense of what I'm saying,
because when I look back at it I barely understand it myself.

Thanks everyone!

--
 ___
{o,o}	~ Rich		<http://www.owlsound.co.uk/me>