Are most programmers male?

Nicholas Geovanis nickgeo at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Aug 22 15:16:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, James J. Besemer wrote:

> 4. Actually, if you have any experience with little children there isn't
> a lot of occasion for sexual stereotypes to enter into the situation.

My parental experience contradicts yours.
And unless one tries to completely isolate one's children from other
children and families (itself damaging) and other external influences
(TV, radio, movies, computer games), there cannot be a control group.
And of course there is the potential effect of your own personality.

Perhaps people are not as simple as you think.

> James J. Besemer  503-280-0838 voice

* Nick Geovanis