Running Python from UNIX

Anand Ramakrishna anandrs at hexaware.com
Tue Aug 6 05:12:03 EDT 2002

Hi,
   I am a total newbie to Python. I am just learning it in Solaris
environment. I wrote a small function to compute fibonacci series. If
I type and run it in the regular line interpreter mode, it runs giving
me the correct result. If I write this as a script and execute the
script, it runs without errors but does not print the result. If I
code the same function as a regular program, then it works as a script
too. Could you please tell me, why I am having this problem.

Thanks.
Anand.