Frozen App Crash With 2.2.1

Giles Brown giles_brown at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 09:10:28 EDT 2002

crashes
    (inside an extension module) when frozen using Tools/freeze.py.
This
    used to work with 2.1.3.

Version/Platorm stuff: Python 2.2.1 (#3, Aug 27 2002, 10:30:03) [C] on
osf1V4

Details:

We have written an extension module that wraps an API.  When run from
the interpreter the application works as expected.  When the
application is frozen the first serious use of the extension modules
triggers either a segv or an
error like this

"""
exception system: exiting due to multiple internal errors:
        exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
        exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
exception system: exiting due to multiple internal errors:
        exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
        exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
Abort process (core dumped)
"""

Adding some debug printf's into the extension module shows that it is
crashing
inside an API call.  The parameters to the API call look ok via
printf's.
All addresses look reasonable etc.

Can any of you good people give me any suggestion as to where the
problem
might lie?  We had no trouble creating a working executable using
Python 2.1.3.

The "don't switch version" workaround is possible, but we were hoping
to make use of the Lars Gustäbel's groovy tarfile module which
requires 2.2.

Best regards,
Giles