How your company think about python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Aug 18 21:23:28 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Visual Basic, Centura, Java, C#, lots of Oracle here. But I'm currently
> doing the first project in Python. That required some social
> engineering, but in the end my killer argument was that Python will
> allow me to deliver on time, while that'd be doubtful with %$!}=%%$ like
> VB6, and even with Java/C#.

Although I believe you are right about this (being able to deliver on time
with Python), I'm curious how you sold that argument to them.

If you haven't done a trial project in Python in the company, are they
going on faith in you, or on some more scientific basis?  Knowing what
worked for you might help others in similar situations.

-Peter